Of the many delicious prompts Hinge has to offer, “You should leave a comment if” is definitely one of my favorites. It’s a chance to be open and frank, to invite exactly the types of matches that you’re looking to strike up a conversation with. And, for the record, that’s how my own relationship started. Before we started dating, my boyfriend’s Hinge profile included the following line: “You should leave a comment if … you like men in their 30s who are still tagged.” And reader, let me tell you: I To do like the men in their thirties who are still identified. So leave a comment, I did it. (Thank God!)
“This is the opportunity to say something weird or stupid”, says Logan ury, director of relationship science at Hinge and author of How not to die alone. “It’s also an opportunity to share your values or become vulnerable… Telling someone about your specific whims or pleasures can help create a vivid image of who you are and help them imagine what a relationship with you would look like. . One of my key tips for designing a great dating app profile is to think about three things you want to express about yourself and use your photos and prompts to get those messages across. Prompts like these are a great way to share these three things.
If you’re wondering what to include on your own Hinge profile under “Leave a comment if”, here are 20 potential answers and some adorable ideas to keep in mind.
1. Your perfect Friday night includes half a pizza and two glasses of Chianti.
2. You are always the first and last person on the dance floor. (Because the same.)
3. Are you also looking for someone who you can snuggle up with and watch reruns of Parks and recreation (and you, uh, you don’t mind snoring a little).
4. Live music also makes you emotional.
5. You recognize that the 2004 World Series was the best in baseball history.
6. You have also asked your therapist for advice on setting up this profile.
7. You are ready to meet me * and * my fluffy best friend. (It’s a goldendoodle named Charlie.)
8. You consider listening to your Spotify Discover playlist to be life on the limit.
9. You can teach me to ride a bike. (Seriously, I never learned!)
ten. The little Prince is also your favorite book of all time.
11. You don’t mind that I definitely steal your sweaters.
12. You also have extensive discussions with the Uber drivers at 1am. Five stars for Hank!
13. Michael Barbaro’s voice is the only one you want to wake up to.
14. You enjoy festive socks because my mom * will send * you a variety for your birthday.
15. You promise never to reply to an SMS with “k”.
16. You also hate hiking.
17. You don’t like diet foods, but you like champagne. ??
18. You think everything should be arranged in the rainbow order.
19.You also think good grammar is exciting.
20. You like people in their [mid-20s, late 20s, 30s…] which are always identified.
I had to throw this last one out – hope it helps you find your soul mate too!